Information for non EU Au Pairs

March 18, 2019 Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ Au Pair Guide,Legal information

Au pairs need to provide some information and evidence on their status, such as: details of when, where and how they arrived in Ireland, their photo and current address in Ireland. You should also bring along your passport and documentation supporting your residence permit.

After successful registration, you will be issued with an Immigration Certificate of Registration, also known as a GNIB card. The latter costs 150 €.

Should you have any further questions, please consult the Citizens Information page concerning the registration of non-EU nationals in Ireland.

Step 2: Application for a PPS (Personal Public Service) Number

If you wish to work in Ireland as an au pair, you must apply for a PPS Number.

How to apply for a PPS Number?

When applying for a PPS Number, you have to provide the following documents:

  • Passport
  • Evidence of your address in Ireland. Please ask your host family to write a short letter confirming that you are presently living with them. You may also attach a household bill ( telephone, gas, etc.) in your host family’s name.

The Department of Social Protection will issue a PPS Number for you, please contact your Social Welfare Local Office for detailed information.

Should you have any further questions, please see the Citizens Information page about the Personal Public Service Number.